Monday, March 15, 2010

Chicken Stir-Fry With Garlic and Greens


This is another fabulously nutritious recipe!

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 package (10 ounces) frozen greens*
4 garlic cloves**
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste

*I like spinach but you can use any type of frozen greens.
**I use already minced garlic because I am lazy.

Cut chicken into thin strips and season lightly with salt and pepper. Thaw the greens in a microwave on High for 1-2 minutes. Drain greens in a colander and press out most of the liquid. Chop the garlic (or not, if your like me).

Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until just cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.

Add the greens and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes. Season with the Tabasco and salt to taste and serve.


If you use turnip, mustard or collard greens and Tabasco, this dish is Southern-y. I like to use plain old spinach and season to taste with Sun Luk La Yu Chili Oil. That makes it more Asian-y. Not that I don't like turnip, mustard or collard greens. Actually I love collard greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment