Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sweet and Sour Beef with Cabbage




Okay. So I have posted a few chicken breast recipes and will continue to do so but I am also going to post beef recipes. I am a big beef advocate. As long as you choose lean cuts the nutritional pay off is huge. And of course it's high in protein and low in carbs...even when the recipes involve other things besides beef.

Whenever I have complete nutritional information about a particular dish I will include it in the post. Up to this point the chicken breast recipes that I have posted have been from my older files and have been hand written. I do have some recipes that have been copied from who-knows-where and some do have calorie, fat, protein and carbohydrate information.

On that note, here's the recipe:

2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound lean beef cut-up for stir-fry
3 cups cut-up cabbage
1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce

Heat wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil; rotate wok to coat sides.

Add beef; stir-fry 2 minutes or until brown. Remove beef from wok.

Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to wok; rotate wok to coat side. Add cabbage; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beef and sweet-and-sour sauce; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until hot.

Prep and cook time is appox. 15 minutes, so super fast. Makes 4 servings.

1 Serving:
Calories 225
Fat 10g
Carb 13g
Protein 22g
Sodium 150mg

No comments:

Post a Comment