Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm shrinking!

I'm really surprised that no one has really written about this phenomena. I have pretty much always been the same weight - ever since high school. Yes, my body has changed because of my fitness level. I have much more muscle definition from my years of lifting weights, but my weight has stayed the same. The thing is, I have dropped two sizes in the past five years. This whole thing involving clothing manufactures making sizes bigger is so strange to me!

I realize that they do it to sell more clothes. Designers have always up-sized, but now everybody is doing it. I also understand that we now have an almost 50% obesity rate in the US. The CDC is predicting that, if we continue the way we are going, we will have 100% obesity by 2040. Of course, that is impossible, because some people just don't gain fat. That statistics just goes to show us how much the rate is increasing year to year. Therefore, if the general public is getting fatter, then why not make current sizes bigger? That way the over-fat people can still fit into ready-to-wear, and readily available, clothing.

Maybe I'll shrink even more? My prediction? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment