Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wonder what I eat?




Clients and class participants often ask me what I eat, especially when I am asking them to eat more protein (over and over again). So I have decided to occasionally (or maybe more) list what it is that I eat. So here it goes....

For Monday, January 17th, 2011

Breakfast
Sandwich thins with 2 slices of cheddar cheese

Snack
14 almonds (in snack packs) and 1 ounce of cheddar cheese

After workout
8 ounces of low fat chocolate milk

Snack
1 package almonds

Lunch
1 can of sardines in mustard sauce and 4 Milton Crispy Sea Salt crackers

Snack
1 ounce brie and 4 Milton crackers

Dinner
Small flour tortilla, 3 ounces of lean beef, 1/8 cup refried beans and 8 ounces of red wine

Total calories - 1,957
Carbs - 145g (high for me)
Protein - 115g (low for me)

I don't really care about how many grams of fat that I ingest, fat keeps you full longer, nor do I pay much attention to calorie intake. Also you'll notice that I graze all day long. There are rarely more then 3 hours between meals (or snacks). I normally would not eat crackers, sandwich thins and a tortilla all in the same day even though all of those items are fairly low in calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment