Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week Two Of Contest Prep

Weigh in this morning was exactly the same as last week which is normal for me.  When I competed before I would lose nothing for two weeks then the number would drop and would stay down.  Doesn't make any sense but that's the way it is so I am expecting the same thing this time around. 

As I suspected it has been hard for me to cut out wine.  It took me about three days to do it because 'the bottle will go bad if I don't drink it'.  I'm sure you all can relate.  It works for giving up sugar or wheat too. You want to clear that stuff out of your house but you don't want to throw it all away.  It has also been hard for me to eat every two hours.  If I eat two hard boiled eggs and 1/2 cup of oatmeal at 8:00am then I'm not hungry until 12:00, which is the way it's suppose to work, right?  General diet advice is to eat a healthy breakfast because you'll be full until lunch.  I'm usually not hungry when I wake up but now I am which means that my metabolism is revving up.  I have also adjusted to eating less per meal so I am hungry every 2-3 hours.  Lots of protein and really low carbs.  I don't worry about the fat until closer to competition time.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

8:00 am 1/2 cups oatmeal with a little half and half

9:30am Muscle Milk Lite

11:30am Salad with mixed greens, 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds and 1/8 cup of shredded cheese and balsamic vinegar dressing

1:00 2 pieces of string cheese

3:00 6 ounces of skinless roasted chicken and 20 grape tomatoes

5:30 Muscle Milk Lite

6:30 1 scoop of whey protein powder

8:30 6 ounces of lean beef

Total for day was about 2,000 calories, 186 grams protein and 53 grams of carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment