Monday, October 8, 2012

Closing In On Week Five



The last two weeks have been pretty tough. I totally got stuck at a five pound loss for two and a half weeks. I know that I don't lose steadily but it just seemed to be taking a long time to drop and I was working so hard. For the past five days I cut my carbs to less then 30 a day and that did the trick because I dropped three more pounds as of yesterday. I also made absolutely sure that I did two-a-days for all of those five days. It sucked but it got the job done.

Yesterday I met my friend Teri at the gym and went into the group exercise room which is the brightest room I have access to, and of course it has big mirrors. We wanted to make an assessment of how I looked with about four weeks to go. It's really hard to make an assessment without being tan so I got a level 3 spray tan in the morning. I am pretty happy with the way I look overall but I still need to work on shoulders and chest but they have always been my weak areas so it wasn't a big surprise. I am training both chest and shoulders as often as I can which means as soon as they aren't sore I'm on it again. Stomach is flat but abs aren't in yet but I expected that. I need to tighten up in the glutes as well. All in all I think that another three pounds will make the difference and that's totally doable as long as I stay on it. It's going to be a tough four weeks.

Here's a sample of one of my low carb days:

8:00am
1/3 cup oatmeal
100/3/18
3 egg whites
45/10/0

12:00
8 ounces flank steak
540/80/0

2:30
1 scoop protein
120/20/4

4:00
Protein shot
130/35/1

7:00pm
8 ounces flank steak
540/80/0
Salad with ranch dressing
150/2/2

Daily totals - 1,625/230/25

No comments:

Post a Comment